Friday, August 27, 2010

Lipstick Moments

I have been reading this blog called Rants From MommyLand and they had a post recently called Lipstick Moments where they talk about little moments that were special to them and how fleeting they can be. So, I thought I would write down a few of my own "Lipstick Moments". Here goes..

*Staying up late giggling with my little cousin
*Waving goodbye to my grandma as she sits on the couch headed for the car to go to the airport not realizing that would be the last time I would ever see her alive.
*Meeting the man who would become my husband
*Graduating from Nursing School
*Recieving a letter from the Board of Nursing saying I passed the boards
*Becoming a wife
*Finding out I was pregnant
*My first daughter, Kayla Brynn, being born
*Two minutes later, my second daughter Rebecca Gianna, being born
*Seeing my youngest daughter for the first time and touching her fragile skin
*Seeing my oldest daughter for the first time and not being able to touch her
*Holding Rebecca for the first time and telling her I loved her.
*Telling Kayla that Mommy loved her.
*Finding out that Kayla's surgery was a success and being able to see her again.
*Feeding Rebecca at home for the 1st time.
*Holding Kayla for the first time at 2 months old
*Getting a call from the surgeon telling me Kayla was doing well from her 2nd surgery and that I could come see her now.
*Seeing Kayla and told her everything would be ok and that Mommy and Daddy are here..
*Sitting on my couch at home, holding both of my babies in my arms together for the first time.
*Sitting on the edge of my bed watching my babies sleep in the PNP together and marveling at how tiny they are..
*Listening to them laugh
*Watching them discover each other.
*Holding them in my arms as the sleep peacefully
*Watching their little faces light up when they I walk into the room.

I suppose I could go on and on but I won't for now. It is incredible how far we have come in just 8 1/2 months. There are so many little moments in life that happen and we don't realize until after the fact how precious that moment really was. Well, that is all for today. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. i remember those late nights staying up at grandma and grandpa's house, esp. how creepy it was at night behind the house where our window was. I told Danielle about the Belly Button thing last night being how you got me to "do my thing".lol. she just laughed. Im curious to see if you do that with the girls, it prob won't work the same as----- well you know;-).lol.

    ReplyDelete