Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Well, today we had a busy day of running errands and grocery shopping. Tomorrow we will just be home relaxing.. Starting tomorrow the girls will start having Stage 2 dinners. I had been giving them Stage 1 Meat with a Stage 1 Veggie. Today at the store I found some Stage 2 meat/veggie combos so we will be starting those. We went to the GI doc this past week and she said that we could start introducing Cheerios, Puffs and increase their solids intake. They went from taking 4 oz in the moring and 2.5 oz at dinner to 4 oz in the morning and 4 oz at dinner. I knew they were ready for that b/c I was noticing that they would get fussy after eating like they wanted more. They get a bottle with their dinner too. The Puffs are these little snack things that melt in the babies' mouths and and used to teach them how to chew and manipulate the tongue to guide the food to the back of the mouth. Kayla and Rebecca love them. The only issue I am having now is that they want to be fed like little birds instead of picking it up with their little hands. We will continue to work on that with them.

The girls are teething big time now. Rebecca has started waking up in the middle of the night crying. Last night she got up a record 7 times!!! Hopefully it will be a calmer night tonight. I bought them some of those all natual teething tablets. I am hoping they will work for them. I have heard good things about them. Eventhough they are drooling up a storm, waking at night, cranky at times and in constant need of something to chew on. I have yet to see a tooth. I will let you know as soon as I see one but for now they are still toothless..

The girls started daycare this past week and I think they like it. They had a couple of rough days but for the most part everyone at the daycare is telling me that they are having a good time. I was very nervous about sending them off to daycare but I know itis both necessary and good for them to be around other kids. One thing I do worry about is them getting sick. They came home on Friday with a runny nose but so far no fever and no other cold-like symptoms. I think it is probably teething related. I will admit it is kinda nice to have a few hours alone to get things done around the house and get things ready to go back to work. Of course, I miss them the minute they leave. *sigh* What's a mother to do?

Well, that is all for now. Time to go to sleep. Talk at you all later! =)

1 comment:

  1. The imagine of having to feed like them baby birds makes me laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete